Saturday 28 August 2010

In life I'll suffer...

I was reading Don Carson's book on suffering and he states his book 'How Long O Lord' is for people wanting to get prepared to suffer. We all know we will suffer at some point in life and I want to be prepared. I know that suffering doesn't disqualify my faith in God and his son Jesus. I know that in theory but it's not yet been tested. For some people it has been and is being. I have some dear friends who are walking through difficult seasons and I want to walk with them and genuinely love them. Carson recommends this book 'Lament For A Son' for friends of or for those in the midst of suffering. I bought it and have been reading it over the past few months. It is written by a Christian father who's son was killed in a climbing accident. It tells of his journey through grief. What helped him through it, what he felt at different stages and the realisation that some things that he thought would be of great comfort, actually weren't. It has been enlightening. I've wept a lot as I've read it...



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment